Barkhausen Institut gGmbH - Internet der Dinge
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
Your responsibilities will include
- Design and development of hardware solutions in the area of hardware and IoT security
- HDL simulation and verification including embedded software programming
- Support of FPGA prototyping and SoC design projects through tape-out
- Writing research publications and contributing to project deliverables
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical/Computer Engineering) from renowned universities
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills
- Good programming skills in Verilog/VHDL, Python, C/C++
- Work experience with SoC design flow including software tools
- Basic knowledge of processor systems and instruction set architectures
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That’s why we encourage you to apply!
What we offer:
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
How to apply:
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master/PhD thesis.
- Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Digital Hardware Design” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.