Barkhausen Institut gGmbH - Internet der Dinge
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The RF Design Enablement group researches and develops dependable IoT systems with focus on three key research topics such as joint radar-communication system, antenna-system design with meta-surface and physical layer security. We focus our research on designing building blocks, while identifying critical hardware parameters for next-generation hardware systems and applications.
The SHK will design application specific radio frequency electronic modules using a combination of simple planar RF-components and off-the-shelf surface mount blocks. The SHK will manufacture the boards with our in-house manufacturing facility or through third party manufacturers and assemble the boards for measurement.
- Designing and simulating simple planar RF-components (e.g., hybrid couplers) using EM simulation software (AWR, HFSS, etc.)
- Multilayer PCB designs with tailor-made RF and off-the-shelf SMT components using software tools (e.g., Altium designer, KiCAD, etc.)
- Manufacturing of the boards using LPKF machine or third-party manufacturing services
- Assembling of the boards with SMDs
- Application specific measurements of the boards
We expect the following
- Study of electrical/electronics engineering, computer science or comparable
- Basic knowledge of microwave engineering and wireless communications theory
- Knowledge of EM software (AWR, HFSS, CST etc)
- Prior experience of PCB designing with SMT component
- Prior experience of using RF measurement equipment preferred
- Good communication and writing skills in English
What we offer:
What we provide
- An open and creative team of enthusiastic scientists
- Close to campus
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Work on future technologies
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
How to apply:
Short letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
. We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.