Barkhausen Institut gGmbH - Internet der Dinge
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The RF Design Enablement group researches and develops dependable IoT systems with focus on three key research topics such as joint radar-communication system, antenna-system design with meta-surface and physical layer security. We focus our research on designing building blocks, while identifying critical hardware parameters for next-generation hardware systems and applications.
The SHK will explore and investigate the scientific methods applicable for RF signal strength detection in sub-10 GHz spectrum. The SHK will design and manufacture the suitable circuits in the lab. The aim is to develop a panel of RF power sensors for spatial mapping of electromagnetic radiation strength for demonstration to non-scientific audience.
- Simulating simple RF circuits using an EM software (AWR, HFSS, etc).
- Designing and running analog circuit simulations with software tools (e.g. Altium designer).
- Multi-layer PCB designing using software tools (e.g. Altium designer, KiCAD, etc.) and assembling of the circuit boards in the lab.
- Measurement of different RF circuits using VNA and spectrum analyzer
We expect the following
- Study of computer science, electrical engineering or comparable.
- Basic knowledge of microwave engineering and analog/digital circuits.
- Knowledge of EM software (HFSS, CST etc) and analog circuit design software (e.g. Altium designer, circuitmaker)
- Prior experience of simple PCB designing.
- Prior experience of using RF lab equipment preferred
- Good communication and writing skills in English
What we offer:
What we provide
- An open and creative team of enthusiastic scientists
- Close to campus
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Work on future technologies
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
How to apply:
Short letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
. We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.