Barkhausen Institut gGmbH - Internet der Dinge
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
- Design and development of tailored IT-security and privacy solutions for specific use-cases and application domains
- Creation of general frameworks and models for enabling IT-security and privacy in the domain of Internet of Things
- Analysis and evaluation of existing IT-security and privacy solutions
- Engagement in Science Communication
- Participation in writing project proposals, project management and creating project deliverables
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Computer Science with special focus on IT-security & privacy) from renowned universities.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Excellent and broad knowledge in the fields of IT-security and privacy-enhancing technologies with special focus on Internet of Things, Cloud Computing (especially Edge Clouds) and 5G.
- Special knowledge in at least one of the following domains:
- statistics and stochastics
- privacy enhancing technologies
- economics of IT-security & privacy
- usability aspects of IT-security & privacy
- formal proofs and verification
- IT-security & privacy in and by machine learning
- measuring & evaluating IT-security and privacy e.g. by means like differential privacy
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we offer:
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
How to apply:
Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master thesis.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com
. Please reference “Security PhD-2021” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.