This position will be a challenging and exciting opportunity for candidates who are keen on working at the interface between IT development and infrastructure in science. The main part is the implementation of interfaces which link the sample management system and storage structure of DcGC to its counterpart infrastructure at GHGA. Secondly, the successful applicant will handle customer support, data access and upload requests of sequencing data to GHGA and processes data ingest, metadata validation and quality control. Both tasks will happen in close interaction with the ZIH and the relevant GHGA working groups, in particular
- setup necessary interfaces that link DcGC with GHGA
- setup a database to store and manage metadata information
- build and design a portal for data submission and information visualization
- develop data security concepts handling human data in collaboration with ZIH and TU Dresden Information Security
- validation of sequencing data and metadata for submission into GHGA
- handling data access requests and work on tasks as part of the GHGA data steward team
- contribute to the relevant GHGA working groups.
TUD strives to employ more women in academia and research. We therefore expressly encourage women to apply. The University is a certified family-friendly university and offers a Dual Career Service. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. If multiple candidates prove to be equally qualified, those with disabilities or with equivalent status pursuant to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will receive priority for employment.
Please submit your comprehensive application including a letter of motivation and a CV in English as well as certificates by April 13, 2023 (stamped arrival date applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de
by sending it as a single pdf document to email@example.com
or to: TU Dresden, CMCB Technologieplattform, z. Hd. Lisa Lehmann, Tatzberg 47-49, 01307 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis