Barkhausen Institut gGmbH - Internet of Things
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods. At the earliest possible date, we are looking for an outstanding candidate for the position of
Your responsibilities will include
- Group Direction: You shape the strategic and technical orientation of your team and ensure the quality of the research work. In doing so, you contribute actively to group and interdisciplinary projects and implement the Institute’s strategy. Furthermore, you proactively develop cross-group interdisciplinary ideas for new third-party funded projects and coordinate the respective project application process.
- HR/Career Development: As a Group Leader you develop your group. You are the direct supervisor of your group members. You facilitate their performance and personal development and help them to strive for scientific excellence. You lay the foundation of a high level of motivation of your team.
- Engagement in Science Communication: In cooperation with your OpenLab team, you enable your team to explain research results in dialog with society, to take up suggestions and to develop ideas together.
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree as well as postdoctoral experience in areas related to our research focus (Electrical Engineering) from renowned universities.
- Excellent and broad knowledge in the fields of Wireless Communications (including 5G and 6G).
- Special knowledge in at least two of the following domains:
o Physical Layer Security
o Joint Communications and Sensing
o Physical and MAC Layer Communications Design
o Signal Processing
o Information Theory
- International publication track record, leadership skills, and experience in soliciting and managing externally funded projects.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we offer:
What we provide
- Challenging cutting-edge research topics
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
How to apply:
- Your application should include: motivation letter explaining your decision to apply at the institute, CV with a full list of academic degrees (including dates and supervisors), professional experience, full list of publications, distinctions, funded projects, etc., copy of university degree and PhD certificate, short summary of doctoral thesis.
- Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “RGL WiCon” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.